Translate

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Fear is taking control over many lives!

Fear is an illusion you personally choose to have it take control over your mind body and personality. Fear can only become realism if you partake in it, it is easy to take fully control over you, but you can fight and conquer it. Did I have or do I have fear, of course I do, fear has been for me a daily battle. My main fear now is if something bad again is going to happen with my family.
My fear for fire has been gone (it did take a while to fight it!), I even spoke with the chief firefighter about options becoming a volunteer firefighter.
When my son Able told me that I'm a super hero because
I saved his twin brother and his twin sister's lives I felt shortly did I have no fear at all, until suddenly guilt and pain came over me.
Questioning why I didn't go back into the house to find Zephy and Noah, God knows I tried, Noelle tried and then knowing that they were in between six and eight feet away from us. The house was already completely in flames the smoke and the heat was so overwhelming and those 2 to 4 minutes we had, almost went by in slow motion but also it seemed too unreal, I thought it was a bad dream at the time until I woke up in Salt Lake City with all those nice and cute Nurses (ask Remmy) and having inserted a catheter.
That made me understand that my worst fear became reality, my family, my own children they got hurt. I didn't care so much about my 3rd degree burns, but my 10 month old baby who was struggling  for his own life a couple of rooms away from me.
My fear now is that my attitude towards life will change.
Will I ever be able to fulfill my duty on this planet assigned by the Creator.
My attitude needs to continue with helping people in need.
There is fear everywhere around you, fear of non-understanding, fear of non-appreciation, fear of deception, fear of self consciousness, fear of life, fear of death, fear of wars, fear of aliens taking control over this world, or even the zombie apocalypse, fear of financial distress,I can go on........fear is all around you and it's sneaking inside of people's brains and into their souls.
One of my heroes said once" May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears." (Nelson Mandela) There is nowadays so much fear reigning over individuals and even whole nations,
the ratio of suicide due to fear and anxiety is growing, people of different religions and different colors of skins are slaughtering each other, Fear about what other's think because of your sexual preference......(is history repeating itself?) and that is all about fear.
My fact that I try to share is that fear is not Godly fear is evil, don't choose to have it take control over you, don't partake in it.

Scriptures like 1 Peter 5:6-7 will share 'Humble yourselves (see the attitude thing I mentioned before?) therefore, under God's mighty hand that he may lift you up in due time.
Cast all your anxiety and fear on him because he cares for you.

I also challenge you to read Psalm 55 first 22 and 23.

Be Fearless, be strong and have the right attitude the Creator has assigned to you.
#Loveforthevandijks

8 comments:

  1. I really appreciate this post. I'm also sorry for the loss of your first child, Isaiah. I never knew that about you guys. You have gone through more than anyone I've ever known. Fire has caused me much fear too recently and God has been teaching me to trust even when things look bleak. I like the quote by Nelson Mandela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nelson Mandela has been a huge inspiration to me even before my teens, we'll share you the story about Isaiah next time we see you. I saw your dad the last weekend as you know he is not a man of many words but we connected...

      Delete
  2. I find I'm fearful of time. I know we don't know how much we have, and I want every second to count with my family especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber you are right, count your blessings including every minute you can spend with your family...make it something that'll be stuck in memories.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the reminder and the encouragement Feike! So needed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feike, thank you for this blog post. You are very correct about fear. I have spent a lot of time trying to get over fear and trying not to be consumed by it. I am praying for you and your family tonight. May you feel comfort, peace and the love of God. - Eric in Albuquerque, NM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rico, thank you for your response, have no clue how we are acquainted (my excuses) but it's good to know that people all over the Nation pray for my family.

      Delete